Sunday, October 21, 2012

From Natalie's Kitchen: Gluten Free Paleo Pumpkin Bread

So, my kids have been out of school this past week for fall break, and we have been having so much fun that I have been slacking in the blog dept.!  My sister and I took our kids on a fun little road trip to "Bearizona", which is located between Flagstaff and Williams.  We had such a fun time, and will most probably go again!  My sis made this yummy pumpkin bread for us to snack on along the way, and we had to share the recipe with you!  Enjoy!
                                                             
Ingredients: 5 farm-fresh eggs
1/2 C. coconut milk (full fat)
1 1/2 C. 100% pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling…)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pure vanilla
1/2 C. coconut flour, sifted with baking soda
1-2 TBSP raw or locally grown honey (optional)
1 TBSP cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp ginger powder
Your choice of chopped nuts – Walnuts are best…I put dark chocolate chips in my batch
Coconut oil or butter for greasing your loaf pan
Instructions: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Sift in coconut flour, baking soda and spices. Blend together until completely combined and lump-free. Bake for in a greased loaf pan for 40 -45 minutes or until the bread if firm to touch. This recipe can be made into muffins, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment