Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Omelets On the Go!

Here is an easy protein/veggie packed recipe for gals on the go!
 
First, I chopped up red pepper, red onion, and a fresh green chili to give it a little kick!
 

Then I layered baby spinach, and the chopped veggies in a muffin tin.
 
*(Don't forget to use a little cooking spray to prevent sticking.)*
 

Shake up those eggs whites and pour approx. 1/4 cup over your veggies.  Add a little salt free Mrs. Dash to each mini-omelet.
 

Ready for the oven! Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.
 

Ooooo...Finished product! 
 

Mama was hungry, and ate one right away!  Delish!
 

Store the rest of your mini omelets in a Ziploc, and place in the fridge.  Now you have a breakfast ready to go on those crazy mornings! (Which is every morning for me!)
 
     
* Approx. 45 calories per omelet, and 5 grams of protein!  Have 2 or 3, or combine it with quick cooking oats, and a cup of berries for a delicious and nutritious breakfast. *

2 comments:

  1. You rock Trisha!! As soon as I get Lincoln on a schedule, and I get my life organized, I'm going to totally call you to help get my jiggly rear back in shape! ;)

    ReplyDelete