Monday, September 24, 2012

A New Fave...

So, I love Pinterest, and I love trying new recipes that I come across.  Here is my latest fave... BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad!  This salad is packed with protein, and tons of flavor! I made this for dinner, and my kids loved it!  However, the hubby is still trying to adjust to the whole quinoa craze that is going on in our house, but eats it like a good hubby should!  I had enough leftover for lunch the next day, and it was still as delicious as the night before!  Excellent with chopped avocado on top!  See recipe below, and enjoy! * Note- I used chicken breasts instead of chicken thighs.*


BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
Recipe Type: Salad
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Serves: 2-4
Ingredients
  • 1 cup cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 cup corn
  • 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 cup shredded BBQ chicken
  • 1 avocado, chopped
  • 2 tbsp White Cheddar cheese, shredded
  • 2-4 tbsp BBQ sauce
  • 2 scallions, chopped
  • cilantro for garnish
Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, corn, black beans, chicken and avocado. Season with salt and pepper
  2. Transfer mixture onto a bowl and top with shredded cheese, BBQ sauce, scallions and cilantro.
  3. Serve warm or at room temperature
Notes
*Note: this recipe calls for already cooked chicken so plan ahead! I prefer to cook my chicken in the crockpot, using 6 chicken thigh, 1 white onion sliced and 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce. I cook on low for about 6-7 hours and then shred and refrigerate for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment