Thursday, August 8, 2013

Juicing

Back to school for my kids means back on track for mom! 
 
I had a great summer!   A staycation here and there with my hubby and kids.  A girls weekend in Vegas with my sisters to see Beyoncé!  And an amazing trip to Hawaii with my cute fam!  But what do these places all have in common...Food!  And whoa am I feeling the effects!
My good friend, Lara, introduced me to juicing a few months ago and I absolutely LOVE it!  It helps me feel energized, (yes, even more than a Diet Coke), and helps clean out and regulate my system.  I've even noticed a change in my complexion!  So, wanted to share a few recipes that I have found and have enjoyed...
 
This first one I call "Lara" since this is what she had me try, and got me hooked!  Super simple, and my kids love it too!
Lara
 
1 apple
1 carrot
Approx. 1 Cup strawberries
(And sometimes when my kids aren't looking, I'll sneak in some kale or spinach.)
 
Citrus Green Juice
 
6 kale leaves
6 Swiss chard leaves
1/2 cucumber
6 clementines
 
Carrot Apple Ginger Juice
 
3 carrots
2 apples
1" Ginger
 
Green Juice
 
1/2 cucumber
3 celery stalks
1-2 apples
6 kale leaves
1/2 lemon
1" ginger
 
And one more that I am going to try later this afternoon...
 
Sunset Blend Juice
 
1 lg. sweet potato
1 med. carrot
1 red bell pepper
2 lg. red beets
2 Golden delicious apples
1 orange (optional)
 
I like to get creative as well, and add pineapple, mango, spinach, kiwi, etc.
 
There are a lot of juicing cleanses out there.  If you choose to do, for example, a 3 day juice cleanse, prepare your body by drinking a lot of water in the days leading up to your cleanse.  Eat clean. No red meat, soda, sugar, dairy, or caffeine.
 
Personally, I love balance.  I eat 3 healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Each meal includes a lean protein.  And for snacks I drink my juice along with a handful of almonds, or I'll add a little protein powder to the juice to get my protein intake.
 
Happy juicing!!!
 
(And yes, I'm drinking my juice from a Thor cup...Kind of a crush.) :) 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment